Each year, during Hingham’s Christmas in the Square, Hingham Mother’s Club holds Festival of Trees to raise money for Friends of the Homeless of the South Shore, and other local charities. Last year, with the hope of doubling the amount raised, they added Treeview, a ticketed cocktail party with live and silent auctions. They surpassed their goal with flying colors, and Treeview is back again. This year there is a Hollywood theme, and it is called Treeview: The Sequel.
How does all of this lead to a cocktail contest?Well, The shimmering lights of Treeview: The Sequel, and Festival of Trees, will be shining on Hingham on December 7th and 8th; but that is not soon enough for HMC. “We really want to get the community involved in the spirit of the season”, says Sara Abbott, chairperson of Festival of Trees and Treeview. “To that end, we have created a fun competition among Hingham restaurants, with the hope of involving the community and local businesses.”
What Abbott is describing is a week-long event called Spirits of the Festival. Here’s how it works.
1. Right at this moment, five restaurants in Hingham are each creating a unique drink, using Deep Eddy Vodka. Deep Eddy Vodka is a drink sponsor of the Treeview cocktail party.
2. In the week leading up to Treeview, from December 1st through December 7th, members of the community can visit the restaurants, taste the drinks, and vote for their favorites.
3. All voting will take place on, www.HinghamFoodie.com, and will conclude on December 7th.
4. Each restaurant will then host a table at Treeview: The Sequel, where all party goers can sample the special drinks. Early in the evening, a celebrity panel will also taste each drink, and then vote for their favorite.
5. Winners of both the Celebrity Panel Award, and the People’s Choice Award will be announced during Treeview.
There is a fantastic line-up of restaurants participating in Spirits of the Festival:
*Stars on Hingham Harbor
*New Addition! Wahlburger’s has joined the list!
The Eat Well, Inc. restaurants are creating 2 drinks, and both drinks will be available at all three Eat Well, Inc., restaurants – Stars, Tosca and Caffe Tosca.
What can you do to help?
Stop into any or all of these restaurants and have a drink! Come to Hingham Foodie.com to vote. Tell your friends to do the same. The awareness generated from Festival of Spirits is the first step in helping Friends of the Homeless of the South Shore, The Claddagh Fund and The Hingham Mothers’ Club Scholarship Fund. If you want to make a bigger contribution, visit www.Treeview.org and purchase a ticket for Treeview. OR attend Festival of Trees.
Festival of Trees will take place Friday night, December 7th, at Old Derby Academy, during Hingham’s Christmas in the Square. It will open again, Saturday, December 8th, from 10am to 3pm.
Treeview: The Sequel, will be held December 8th, from 7pm to 11:30pm, also at Old Derby Academy. For more information about Treeview, to purchase tickets, or to view the movie trailer(!), you can check out www.Treeview.org.
All proceeds from Festival of Trees and Treeview will go to The Friends of The Homeless of the South Shore, The Claddagh Fund, and The Hingham Mothers’ Club Scholarship Fund.
Note from Hingham Foodie: It is prohibited by law for persons under 21 to consume alcohol. The above restaurants will refuse service to those without proper identification.