Thinking Ice Cream this weekend? Here’s 5 facts about Hornstra Farms!
1. They spent 5 years restoring the farm they are now using in Norwell (where they serve ice cream). All of the wood used in the restoration was actually cut on the property, and dried outside for 1 year.
2. There are over 100 animals on the farm counting calves and the 52 milking cows. These cows produce 375 gallons of milk a day. Kids are allowed to see and pat some of the animals.
3. There is nothing artificial in their ice cream. They use sugared egg yolks for a creamier consistency.
4. Right now they do not do sundaes or frappes, because they want to keep the lines for ice cream short!
5. As you know, they deliver all kinds of dairy products. New to the list is Cinnamon Toast Butter! Sounds Heavenly!!
Hornstra Farm is located at 246 Prospect Street, Norwell, MA